The UMA Montessori teacher certification training program is a distance-learning program. Students participate through an online virtual campus. Lessons include video tutorials, essay notes, quizzes, and classroom conferencing. The curriculum provides a thorough presentation and understanding of the following:
- Introduction to Montessori
- Montessori Principles and Early Childhood Development… Includes an inner look at your own early childhood years.
- The Adult-Child Relationship in the Classroom… Evaluating various behavior scenarios.
- The Montessori Academic Apparatus…Classroom setup, Montessori material presentations, and album projects.
- Parent-Teacher Relationships. Includes Parent Handbook for school handout and child evaluation samples for parent conferences.
- Course Review and Final Exam.