Have a safe and happy Halloween everyone!
Remember to compost your Jack O' Lantern or feed it to your livestock after all the fun is done!
And, don't throw out those pumpkin seeds! They are not only delicious, but also are high in zinc, other minerals, amino acids, and vitamin K. As a Practical Life exercise, roast some in your classroom...or at home!
- preheat to 350 degrees
- rinse seeds in strainer under cold water (compost the stringy pieces)
- place seeds in bowl
- add 3 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp cumin (mix well)
- spread out on baking sheet
- Bake 15-20 minutes (until golden brown and crunchy)
- Cool before eating (alone as a snack or add to trail mix or salad)