Entries in Autumn Season (4)
Ah.....the colors of autumn.
Create a seasonal feel of falling leaves right in your classroom! (No need to write names on each hand...it's a community effort and fun to wonder who's hand it is.)
Trace a hand on fall-colored construction paper. Cut out. Punch a hole. Thread through hole. Hang from ceiling.
Have a safe and happy Halloween everyone!
Remember to compost your Jack O' Lantern or feed it to your livestock after all the fun is done!
And, don't throw out those pumpkin seeds! They are not only delicious, but also are high in zinc, other minerals, amino acids, and vitamin K. As a Practical Life exercise, roast some in your classroom...or at home!
- preheat to 350 degrees
- rinse seeds in strainer under cold water (compost the stringy pieces)
- place seeds in bowl
- add 3 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp cumin (mix well)
- spread out on baking sheet
- Bake 15-20 minutes (until golden brown and crunchy)
- Cool before eating (alone as a snack or add to trail mix or salad)
Choose your words very carefully when conversing with a toddler!
"Look at all the pumpkins. You may choose any one you want!"
Little Awa is very serious when she says, "I want this one."
Time for a quick diversionary tactic. "Oh look! Let's choose this one. It's just the right size."
"No! This one!" ...fully determined, she attempts to lift it and take it home.
Happy Autumn Everyone!