To read the first lady's checklist for promoting healthy eating habits for children at childcare facilities, click the photo for full article. It is a good BASIC reminder:
- Provide one to two hours of physical activity daily
- No screen time for children under 2...
- Serve fruits and vegetables at every meal, eat family-style when possible, and no fried foods
- Provide access to water throughout the day, and do not serve sugary drinks
- Support mothers who want to breastfeed by providing mother's milk to infants and welcoming mothers who want to breastfeed their children during the childcare day