What to do with a toddler in the home? The possibilities are endless! Trudy and John Shepard, co-administrators of UMA, enjoy time in the kitchen with their 2-year-old grand daughter, Awa Shepard Thiam. Be sure to read about the developmental benefits at the bottom of the page!
The Joy of Bubble Beating!
So what's happening here, besides a whole lot of FUN?!
Direct - Development of...
- Hand-eye Coordination
- Large/small motor movement
- Self confidence
- Joy of learning through exploration
Indirect - Understanding of..
- Spatial relationship
- Size and volume
- Math (measuring)
- Writing (muscular control)
- Reading (eye-hand coordination)
- Vocabulary (empty, full, wet, dry, squeeze, pour...)